An ICC Declined error doesn’t mean that your customer’s card doesn’t have enough funds- it usually means the chip on the card does not allow the specific type of transaction.
Common examples of these are:
- Offline Mode transactions
- Purchase + Cash or Cash Out
This error can also be caused when your EFTPOS terminal’s chip card reader is not working properly.
If this is the case then you should:
- Reboot your terminal
- VX 680 or VX 690 – take it off the charging base and hold in the red X key until it shuts down. Hold in the green key until the screen turns on
- VX 820 Duet or VX 520C – either unplug and re-plug the power cord from the base or just switch the power off at the wall. Wait five seconds then switch it back on
- Check there is nothing obstructing the chip card reader
- NOTE: Do NOT insert any objects into the reader or apply cleaning products
If the issue is still occurring frequently please contact our Technical Support team to arrange a Field Service Representative visit or a replacement EFTPOS terminal.