You can purchase spare batteries for the Verifone VX 690 terminal in our online shop. Follow these steps to replace your battery:
IMPORTANT: We do not recommend replacing your VX 690 battery yourself unless absolutely necessary. Any damage caused to the device as a result of changing the battery is your responsibility and you may be liable for replacement and repair fees. Contact our Technical Helpdesk for more information.
- Power off your terminal: Disconnect any charging cables or docked bases and hold down the red key to power it off.
- Remove the back cover: Turn the terminal over and pull down the two clips to remove the back cover.
- Take out the battery: Press the top of the white connector clip and gently slide the battery away from the terminal.
- Insert the spare battery: Align the white connector on the new battery with the socket, and slide it into place with the clip facing outward. Press the connector top to secure it.
- Replace the back cover and turn the terminal on by holding down the green key.
NOTE: Be gentle when removing the battery as it can be tricky. Using too much force may cause damage.