Your VX 690 EFTPOS terminal should arrive already paired with its base. However, there are some circumstances where you might need to pair your terminal to the base yourself.
For example, if you're switching your terminal from WiFi or GPRS to an Ethernet connection, or upgrading your internet connection to fibre internet.
How do I tell if the terminal isn't paired?If your terminal is not paired to its base, the Bluetooth symbol normally shown at the top of the screen will be missing. If the base is turned off, or the terminal is too far from the base, the symbol will be displayed in red.
To pair the terminal to the base:
- Place the terminal on the base unit
- Open the terminal's main menu
- Scroll down and select Utility
- Select Bluetooth Config
- Select Pair to Base
- Press the Bluetooth button on the front of the base, the blue light will start flashing
- Select Pair to New Bluetooth Base
- After searching, the serial number of the base will be displayed, and the terminal will ask you to confirm and pair. Select Yes to complete the process.
Once completed, a Bluetooth symbol will show along the top of the screen in grey. If the symbol is red, then the pairing was not successful.
If you're having issues with pairing, call our Technical Helpdesk at 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 2)