Last updated: 26 May 2021
Your new terminal is slightly different to terminals you might already be familiar with. The terminal has a virtual keypad instead of physical keys.
Learn more about the features of your terminal below:
- Notification bar – See alerts, battery level, connectivity status and more in the bar at the top of the screen. Swipe down from the Notification bar to view the Quick Settings panel.
- Card swipe – This is where your customers swipe magstripe cards.
- Navigation keys – These keys help you quickly navigate to different screen on your T650p. From left to right: Recent items key, payment screen key, back key.
- Card insert – Chip card slot.
- Volume buttons – Adjust the volume of sounds and alerts.
- Power/ Accessibility mode button – Power your terminal off and on, lock and unlock your terminal and wake your terminal from sleep mode. Pressing this button on the side of the terminal for 1 second at the Present Card screen will enable Accessibility mode.
- USB-C charging port – Port for a USB-C charging cable.
- Headphone jack – Customers can use headphones to heart prompts and alerts if they wish.
- Paper roll cover – This is where you insert EFTPOS paper rolls for receipt printing.
- Contactless card reading area – If you have contactless-enabled, customers paying by contactless can tap here to make payment.
Your T650p comes with:
- Verifone T650p terminal
- Charging cable and USB adapter, or charging base and Ethernet cable
- Quick start guide
- Cleaning cloth
- Paper roll
Your terminal will come charged and ready to use. Press and hold the power button to turn your terminal on, or if you have a T650p base, set up your base and place the terminal on it (see below).
If your terminal connects via mobile data with a SIM card or via Ethernet with your T650p base, you can start processing transactions. If not, you will need to connect via Wi-Fi (see below).
See the Safety and Handling guide to ensure your terminal is set up and used correctly and safely.
NOTE: To power off or restart your terminal, press and hold the Power button for 1 second and then tap Power off or Restart. You will need to remove the terminal from the base first, if you have one, to turn it off.
Set up your T650p base
1. Connect the power supply to the T650p base – Plug the power cable provided into the charging port on the left side of the T650p base and then plug the power supply into a wall socket.
2. Connect Ethernet cable to the base – Plug one end of the Ethernet cable provided into the port labelled with the icon on your T650p base. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into a free LAN port on your router.
TIP: Your terminal connects to the base via Bluetooth. If your terminal is configured correctly, once your base is connected to your router, the terminal doesn’t have to be on the base to take payment.
Connect to Wi-Fi
- Swipe down from the Notification bar at the top of the screen and tap and hold the Wi-Fi icon
- Select your network from the available networks list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap CONNECT
- Press the button in the bottom Navigation bar to navigate back to the Payment screen
Set-up your passcodes
For your security, the refund functionality on your terminal is protected by passcodes. We recommend you set your passcodes up when you first get your terminal, so you’re ready to process a refund when you need to. You can also choose to apply passcode access to other functions, including settlement.
To set up your passcodes, call our Technical Helpdesk on 0800 338 767 and they will guide you through setting up a six-digit manager passcode and a four-digit cashier passcode.
IMPORTANT: Note that only listed account signatories can set up a passcode.