In this guide, we detail the next steps for setting up Pay by Link and Verifone Online Payments for your online store.
Welcome to Verifone Online Payments 🎉
Your online payment facility is ready! Follow the steps below to get started taking payment online with Verifone, on your website or with the Pay by Link tool.
Looking for information on Virtual Terminal? Learn more about getting started with Virtual Terminal here.
1. Set up your Online Payment facility on Verifone Central
2. Go to Administration >Account Set up > Organisation Company and Sites, and select your Parent Organisation that starts with 'Account'
3. Scroll down to Secure Card Capture click Create new public key
Note: You must be a merchant administrator to generate public keys
Skip to Step 3 if you're just using Pay by Link
2. Integrate your website
If your online payment facility will be used to accept payments on your website, go ahead and set up the Verifone Hosted Cart on your website using one of our shopping cart plugins:
Full eCommerce integration documentation is available on Verifone Cloud
3. Brand your checkout page
The Checkout Themes editor on Verifone Central allows you to customise the layout and design of your Hosted Payment Page for Pay by Link and HPP Website Integrations.
Add your logo to your payment page and choose from a range of colour and font options to match your brand identity. Build trust with customers and keep your brand top of mind.
NOTE: For Pay by Link, you will select a Checkout Theme each time you create a payment link. For website integrations using the Verifone Hosted Payment Page, you will need to configure which theme to use on the Admin panel of your website.
4. Set up Webhooks & Email Notifications
Once you've set up the Verifone Hosted Checkout on your website, setting up Webhooks for your shopping cart plugin will allow you to:
- ensure that Orders are updated even if the customer abandons the Hosted Payment Page (HPP), and
- sync Orders with Verifone Central so that any modification done on Verifone Central is reflected on your eCommerce platform (e.g., refunds performed on Verifone Central).
Get status updates on certain events/actions for your payment links and/or Verifone Hosted Cart, and automate business processes like order management, accounting, or downloading reports.
To access the Notifications tool on Verifone Central head to the Administration tab and click Notifications under Advanced Settings.
5. Set up Blocking Rulesets
This feature allows you to block certain transactions based on rules you set up. Save on fees for transactions that are not forwarded for further processing. Learn more here
6. Get started with Pay by Link
If you're signed up for Pay by Link, see our Pay by Link User Guide here.
Help & Support