How to process a transaction with a surcharge added on your Android EFTPOS terminal
IMPORTANT: If you have surcharging enabled on your terminal the present card screen will display a note that says ‘Surcharge may apply’ for all of your Purchase transactions. Learn about your merchant obligations here.
- Enter the transaction amount
- Tap the "Purchase" button
- The purchase amount will be shown on the screen
- Customer presents their card or device
- Customer is prompted to confirm the surcharge amount
- Customer enters their PIN (if required)
- Your terminal will process the transaction and show either "Approved" or "Declined"
- A merchant receipt prints
- Customer can choose their preferred receipt option
Get surcharging enabled on your terminal! Sign up here, or talk to our Customer Services team on 0800 338 767.
NOTE: The Surcharge prompt can be disabled for contactless surcharging. Contact us on 0800 338 767 to disable the prompt for contactless surcharging.
NOTE: If you have surcharging & MOTO enabled you can choose whether to apply a surcharge to your Manual/MOTO transactions or not using Surcharge Override. Learn more here.