Learn how Eftpos NZ ensures your payment security. Understand PCI compliance and the steps to take if your terminal is lost or stolen.
At Eftpos NZ, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of payment security to safeguard your business and customers. As a Verifone owned company, we benefit from the expertise of a global thought leader in payments security. PCI compliance ensures industry best practices for handling and protecting credit card details. If your terminal is lost or stolen, follow these steps to protect your business:
- Notify us immediately by calling our Customer Services Team on 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 4).
- In case of theft, report it to the Police and obtain a Police Report
- Optionally, inform your insurance company about the incident
To maintain terminal security:
- Keep terminals supervised during operating hours
- Limit access to authorised personnel and provide proper training
- Securely lock away terminals after store hours
- Be cautious of unannounced service visits
- Allow only authorised EFTPOS New Zealand personnel for terminal maintenance
- Regularly inspect terminals for tampering or additional cables
- Record terminal serial numbers and store them securely
- Ensure security cameras do not observe cardholders entering their PIN