Commonly asked questions about Android Terminals
How do I connect my terminal to Wi-Fi?
- Swipe down from the Notification bar at the top of the screen and tap and hold the Wi-Fi icon
- Select your network from the available networks list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap CONNECT
How do I use MOTO on my new Android terminal?
To process a Mail Order or Telephone Order (MOTO) transaction on your terminal:
- Enter the transaction amount
- Tap Purchase
- Tap the hamburger menu and then tap Manual Card Entry
- Tap Mail Order or Phone Order
- Enter the card number, tap Enter and then tap Confirm
- Enter the card expiration date in the format MM/YY
- Your terminal processes the transaction and then displays Approved or Declined
- Merchant receipt prints
- If your terminal has email receipts available, you can email the customer their receipt.
NOTE: For your customer’s security, your terminal won’t display the full card number on the screen while you type it in. You can also process a MOTO transaction by tapping the Other button on the Amount screen and selecting Manual Card Entry. You will need to set up a card-not-present facility with the bank that provides your merchant services before you can process MOTO transactions.
How do I do a settlement enquiry?
To access your Settlement Enquiry report:
- From the Payment screen, tap the hamburger menu
- Tap Reports
- Tap Settlement Enquiry
- Swipe up to scroll through the report
Learn more about Settlement and Reporting
How do I process a refund on my Android terminal?
NOTE: For your security, the refund functionality on your Android terminal is protected by passcodes. To set up your passcodes, call our Technical Helpdesk on 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 2). You must be the listed authority on your Eftpos NZ account to set up passcodes.
1. Enter the refund amount into the keypad on the Payment screen and tap Other
2. Tap Refund
3. Enter a passcode
4. Refund amount is displayed on the screen. If you have MOTO refunds enabled you will need to tap ‘Card or Mobile’
5. Customer presents card or device and enters their PIN (if required)
6. Your terminal processes the refund and then displays Approved or Declined. The terminal may prompt for signature.
7. If a card is inserted, the terminal prompts to remove the card from the chip card slot
8. Merchant receipt prints
9. Customer selects preferred receipt option
Why did I get an Android terminal?
We’re upgrading all of our existing customers to the latest Android EFTPOS devices. This keeps your EFTPOS solution at the forefront of advanced payment technology and ensures your solution remains compliant with security requirements for years to come.
Does the Android upgrade cost anything?
No! Your upgrade to Android is free of charge and won’t affect your monthly subscription charges
How do I return my old EFTPOS terminal?
If you’ve received a free upgrade to Android EFTPOS, you will need to return your old EFTPOS terminal to us. We’ve included a card with instructions on how to return your terminal enclosed in the Quick Start Guide provided with your new Android device/s.
Does my new Android terminal have all the same features as my current terminal?
Your new Android EFTPOS terminal is loaded with the same payment methods and additional functionality as your current terminal. For example, MOTO, Surcharging, and Contactless (Paywave). Some of these features work differently on Android EFTPOS however.
Can I use my leftover paper rolls in the new Android EFTPOS terminal?
If your old terminal was a Verifone VX 520C, VX 680, or VX 690 you can use your leftover paper rolls in your new Android terminal. If your old terminal is a VX 820 DUET, your paper rolls won’t fit in your new Android terminal.
You can purchase new paper rolls online at shop.eftpos.co.nz
How do I change the paper roll?
My terminal is not charging. What do I do?
Make sure your terminal is sitting correctly on the base and that the charging pins on your terminal are lined up with the charging pins on the base. Your terminal is charging if the icon is visible on-screen. See how to set up your charging base here.