Your terminal comes pre-loaded with a range of Android apps, including the Verifone payment app, Connect Express. You can access most of your apps by swiping down from the Notification bar and selecting the App Launcher icon from the Quick Settings menu.
Your terminal also has the following apps:
- Verifone Navigator – an accessibility app to aide blind and low-vision customers with account selection and PIN entry
- A calculator – including a scientific calculator
- A clock app – including alarms and a stopwatch
- A camera – take photos and videos using your terminal
- A gallery app – for viewing photos, screenshots and videos
Connect Express is the Verifone Android payment app on your Carbon Mobile 5. To launch Connect Express from any screen tap the Payment screen key .
From the Payment screen, tap the hamburger menu at the top left side of the screen to view the Connect Express menu:
- Point of sale: Process transactions
- Order history: Displays approved transactions processed on your terminal. Reporting period is up to 6 months.
- Search orders: Search and filter your approved transactions
- Reports: Access settlement reporting
- Settings: Access the settlement cutover function and manage passcodes
- About: View information about your terminal, including your Merchant ID and Terminal ID
Verifone Navigator is an app for touch screen terminals that transforms the non-tactile touchscreen into a universal keypad with audio confirmation. This enables low vision and blind customers to enter their PIN independently and securely.
The Calculator app features both a basic and scientific mode. To access the Scientific Calculator, turn your terminal on its side while the calculator app is open.
You can view a history of all your calculations by tapping this icon in the top right-hand corner.
NOTE: Auto-rotate must be enabled to access the Scientific Calculator
The Clock app includes Alarms, World Clock, a Timer and a Stopwatch. Tap the tabs across the top of the screen to access different features. Tap to view more Clock settings.
Use the Alarm tab to set one-time or recurring alarms. Tap the toggles on the Alarm panels to enable or disable an alarm. Tap an Alarm panel to change the time the alarm sounds. Reconfigure other settings or delete an alarm by tapping the expand icon on the alarm panel.
To add a new alarm:
- Tap the button at the bottom of the screen
- Set the time for the alarm on the clock-face pop-up box. Tap the keyboard icon at the bottom left of the box to manually type in time.
- Tap OK
- You can configure the following items:
- Repeat: Tap this box to create a recurring alarm. Select or unselect the days of the week you want the alarm to sound
- Sound: Tap the sound icon to set a sound for the alarm
- Label: Set a name for the alarm
Check the time in multiple cities from around the world using the World Clock feature. From the Clock tab, tap the World Clock icon at the bottom of the screen .
Select the cities you want to display in your world clock list and then tap the back key .
Set one or more countdown timers from the Timer tab. Use the keypad to enter the hours, minutes and seconds you want to countdown from. Tap to start the timer. Tap to temporarily stop the timer and to resume. To stop the Timer, tap DELETE.
Time events using the Stopwatch. From the Stopwatch tab tap to start timing. Tap LAP to keep track of lap times. Tap to temporarily stop the timer and to resume timing. Tap RESET to stop timing.
Your terminal comes equipped with front and rear cameras. You can take pictures, capture panoramas and record video with your terminal.
Tap the icon to capture a picture or the icon to capture video:
- Tap the screen where you want the camera to focus
- Drag the slider at the bottom of the screen to zoom in and out
- Tap the icon to switch between the front and rear cameras
- Tap capture or to take a picture or start/stop recording
Your images and videos will be stored in the Camera folder in your Gallery.
TIP: Tap the thumbnail in the bottom right-hand corner to view your picture/video in the Gallery app.
Take a screenshot
To take a screenshot hold down and release the power and Volume down buttons at the same time. This will capture an image of your screen and save it to the Screenshots album in your Gallery app.
View your images, video clips and screenshots in the Gallery app. Navigate to the Gallery app and tap the Camera album.
Tap a picture or video clip to view it. Swipe left or right to view other pictures or videos. To delete media and access more features, including editing functions, tap .