Your customers don’t need to be in your store to get a refund. You can process a card-not-present ‘MOTO’ (mail-order, phone-order) refund on your Carbon Mobile 5.
NOTE: You can only process MOTO refunds on scheme debit and credit cards. To process MOTO refunds, you will need:
- a card-not-present facility with the bank that provides your merchant facility
- a refund facility with the bank that provides your merchant facility
- a passcode. Find out how to set up your passcodes here.
To process a card-not-present refund on your Carbon Mobile 5:
- Enter the refund amount into the keypad on the Payment screen
- Tap Other
- Tap Refund
- Enter a passcode. Find out how to set up your passcodes here.
- Refund amount is displayed on-screen. Tap Other Payments > Manual
- Enter the card number. Tap Enter and then tap Confirm
NOTE: For your customer’s security, your terminal won’t display the whole card number on-screen
- Enter the card expiration date in the format MM/YY and tap Enter
- Your terminal processes the refund and then displays Approved or Declined. Terminal may prompt for signature.
- Customer selects EMAIL to enter their email address and receive a receipt via email, or NO THANKS to continue back to the payment screen