To process transactions, your terminal needs to connect to the Verifone network via Wi-Fi or mobile data. You can also connect your terminal to a mobile hotspot.
Connect to Wi-Fi
Your terminal can remember multiple Wi-Fi networks, so you don’t have to reconnect when switching networks/locations.
To connect your terminal to a new Wi-Fi network:
- Swipe down from the Notification bar at the top of the screen and tap and hold the Wi-Fi icon
- Select your network from the available networks list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap CONNECT.
NOTE: For security reasons, your terminal cannot connect to a public Wi-Fi network.
Connect using mobile data
If you have opted for a mobile Carbon Mobile 5, your terminal will be delivered with a SIM card already installed. Your device will automatically connect to data when you turn it on.
NOTE: A fixed monthly SIM fee applies for mobile connectivity.
Connect to a mobile hotspot
A mobile hotspot uses your data plan to create a Wi-Fi network that can be used by other devices. For example, you can enable a Mobile Hotspot from your mobile phone and connect your terminal to the Hotspot to process transactions.
- Turn on your Mobile Hotspot on your phone
- On your terminal, swipe down from the Notification bar at the top of the screen and tap and hold the Wi-Fi icon
- Select the Hotspot network from the available network list
- Enter your mobile hotspot password and tap CONNECT.
NOTE: We don’t recommend transacting over a hotspot long-term. Software updates for your terminal can be 500mb or greater, which could incur high data charges on your mobile phone.
Aeroplane mode turns off all connections including Mobile data, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. When Aeroplane mode is enabled, you can turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth back on from the Quick Settings panel.
Tap the Aeroplane mode Quick Setting Icon on the Quick Setting menu or navigate to Settings > Network & Internet and scroll down to toggle Aeroplane mode on and off.
NOTE: We don’t recommend putting your terminal in Aeroplane mode as it will disrupt payment network connectivity.