Last updated: 08 March 2021
This article is about the Carbon Mobile 5 without a printer. Click here if your Carbon Mobile 5 has a printer.
Your new Carbon Mobile 5 terminal is slightly different to terminals you might already be familiar with. The terminal has a virtual keypad instead of physical keys, the card insert slot is at the top of the terminal and the card swipe is at the bottom.
Learn more about the features of your terminal below:
- Notification bar – See alerts, battery level, connectivity status and more in the bar at the top of the screen. Swipe down from the Notification bar to view the Quick Settings panel.
- Accessibility mode button – Pressing the dimple button on the side of the terminal for 1 second at the Present Card screen will enable Accessibility mode.
- Power / Sleep button – Power your terminal off and on, lock and unlock your terminal and wake your terminal from sleep mode.
- USB-C charging port – Port for a USB-C charging cable.
- Contactless card reading area – Customers paying by contactless can tap anywhere on the screen to make payment.
- Card swipe – This is where your customers swipe magstripe cards.
- Volume buttons – Adjust the volume of sounds and alerts.
- Card insert – Chip card slot.
Your Carbon Mobile 5 comes with:
- Verifone Carbon Mobile 5 terminal
- Charging cable and USB adapter
- Quick start guide
How to power your Carbon Mobile 5 on
Your terminal will come charged and ready to use. Press and hold the Power button on the right side of the terminal to power it on. Your terminal will start up and load the Payment screen.
NOTE: To power off or restart your terminal, press and hold the Power button for 1 second and then tap Power off or Restart.
Connect to the Internet
To start taking payment, you will need to connect your terminal to the Internet.
If your terminal connects via mobile data with a SIM, you’re good to go! You can start processing transactions right away. If not, you will need to connect your terminal to Wi-Fi:
- Swipe down from the Notification bar at the top of the screen and tap and hold the Wi-Fi icon
- Select your network from the available networks list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap CONNECT
- Press the button in the bottom Navigation bar to navigate back to the Payment screen
Set-up your passcodes
For your security, the refund functionality on your terminal is protected by passcodes. We recommend you set your passcodes up when you first get your terminal, so you’re ready to process a refund when you need to.
To set up your passcodes, call your payment solution provider and they will guide you through setting up a six-digit manager passcode and a four-digit cashier passcode.
IMPORTANT: Note that only listed account signatories can set up a passcode.