Credit card surcharging allows you to add a surcharge to transactions that incur a Merchant Service Fee (MSF) at the point of purchase. These fees apply to ‘scheme’ transactions, which are passed through a third-party connection and includes payments made on Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay AMEX, Diner and JCB cards. To enable surcharging on your Carbon Mobile 5, contact your payment solution provider.
NOTE: If you have surcharging enabled on your terminal, the present card screen will display a note that says ‘Surcharge may apply’ for all of your Purchase transactions.
To process a purchase transaction with a surcharge added:
- Enter the transaction amount
- Tap Purchase ($amount)
- The purchase amount is displayed on-screen along with the note ‘Surcharge may apply’. The graphic on-screen shows customers how to present their card or device:
- Tap (Apple Pay, Google Pay, contactless cards) – The customer holds their contactless device or card near the centre of the screen
- Insert (chip cards) – The customer inserts their chip card into the slot at the top of the terminal. The card should be inserted chip end first with the chip facing up
- Swipe (magnetic stripe cards) – The customer swipes the magstripe on their card through the magstripe reader at the bottom of the Carbon Mobile 5
- For chip and swipe transactions the customer selects credit account
- Customer is prompted to confirm the surcharge amount
- Customer enters their pin if required
- Your terminal processes the transaction and then displays Approved or Declined
- If a card is inserted, the terminal prompts to remove the card from the chip card slot
- Customer selects EMAIL to enter their email address and receive a receipt via email, or NO THANKS to continue back to the payment screen