Last updated: 13 May 2021
To process a Purchase transaction with cash out:
- Enter the Purchase amount.
- Tap ‘Other’
- Tap ‘Purchase + Cash Out’
- Select the cash out amount from the list or tap ‘Other’ to enter a custom amount
NOTE: If you select ‘No Cash-Out’ the transaction will proceed with no cash out amount added.
- Total transaction amount is displayed on screen. Your customer presents their card and enters their PIN.
- The graphic on-screen shows customers how to present their card:
- T650p – Customer inserts their chip card into the slot at the bottom of the terminal or swipes the magstripe on their card through the magstripe reader on the side of the terminal.
- Carbon Mobile 5 – Customer inserts their chip card into the slot at the top of the terminal chip end first with the chip facing up or swipes the magstripe on their card through the magstripe reader at the bottom of the terminal with the stripe facing down.
NOTE: Contactless tap is not available for Payment + Cash Out transactions.
- Your terminal processes the transaction and then displays ‘Approved’ or ‘Declined’
- If a card is inserted, the terminal prompts to remove the card from the chip card slot
- Customer selects preferred receipt option
- Purchase + cash out summary screen is displayed. Tap ‘DONE’ to continue back to the Payment screen
- Present approved cash out amount to the customer