Last updated: 13 May 2021
Just like an Android smartphone, your terminal has a full touchscreen that responds to gestures like tapping and swiping.
- Tap – Lightly touch items to select or launch them
- Swipe – Lightly drag your finger across the screen to swipe. For example, swipe down from the Notification bar at the top of the screen to access the Quick Settings panel
- Touch and hold – Touch and hold items to see more information or open a pop-up menu of options
- Drag and drop – Touch and hold an item, and then move it to a new location
Use the navigation keys at the bottom of the terminal for quick navigation.
Carbon Mobile 5 with Printer
The Notification bar at the top of the screen displays status icons on the right side and notification alerts on the left.
|Bluetooth active||Aeroplane mode||Cellular signal||Wi-Fi active|
|SIM card status||Battery full||Battery low||Battery charging|
Swipe down from the top of the screen to see notification cards for more information.
|Warning/attention||Important information||Download / update in-progress|
Quick settings panel
You can access the Quick Settings panel from any screen (excluding some payment screens).
Swipe down from the Notification bar for quick access to notification cards, settings, and more. To close the panel, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or tap the screen below the panel.
- Tap a quick setting icon to turn that setting on or off
- Touch and hold a quick setting icon to open the setting configuration screen
- Tap the expand icon or drag the panel down to view all quick settings
- In the expanded view, you can use the screen brightness slider at the top of the panel to adjust screen brightness
- Tap the setting icon to access the Settings menu
- Tap the Edit icon to add or remove shortcuts to the Quick Settings panel
Quick setting icons
|Wi-Fi network||App launcher||SIM status||Do not disturb|
|Torch||Auto-rotate screen||Bluetooth||Aeroplane mode|
NOTE: Not all available Android quick setting icons work on your EFTPOS terminal.
On the Quick Settings panel, you can swipe down the list of notification cards to see more detail about your notifications.