Last updated: 25 May 2021
To process a refund when the card is not present:
- Enter the refund amount into the keypad on the Payment screen and tap Other
- Tap Refund
- Enter a passcode.
- Refund amount is displayed on-screen. Tap ‘Other Payments’ > ‘Manual’
- Enter the customer’s card number. Tap Enter and then tap Confirm
NOTE: For your customer’s security, your terminal won’t display the whole card number on the screen
- Enter the card expiration date in the format MM/YY
- Your terminal processes the refund and then displays Approved or Declined. The terminal may prompt for signature.
- Merchant receipt prints
- If your terminal has email receipts available, you can email the customer their receipt.
NOTE: To process MOTO transactions, you will need to set up a card-not-present facility with your merchant bank. Learn more about MOTO transactions here.