Last updated: 1 March 2022
Need to process a refund without a receipt? No problem! Find a particular transaction from the last 6 months in your Transaction History using:
- the card used to make the transaction
- the merchant reference
- exact or approximate amount
- date range
- …and more!
You can then refund the transaction directly from the transaction detail.
To process a refund matched to a transaction, first find the transaction in your Transaction History:
- From the Payment screen, tap the hamburger menu
- Tap Search Transactions
- If your customer has the card they used to make the purchase:
- tap the card icon , your customer can then either swipe, insert or tap their card; or
- enter the last 4 digits of the card number into the search field.
If your customer has their EFTPOS transaction receipt you can enter any 4 or more digits from the Invoice or TRAN number:
If you don’t have the card or the receipt from the original transaction, tap ADVANCED SEARCH to search using additional details including:
- merchant reference;
- exact or approximate amount; and
- date range.
To refund the transaction:
- Tap on a transaction to view more detail
- From the transaction detail screen, tap REFUND
- Select FULL to refund the full amount or BY AMOUNT to enter a custom amount
- Select a refund reason, or select Other to manually enter a reason
- Your terminal will then take you through the refund process
NOTE: You can also find the transaction directly in your transaction list under Transaction History in the Connect Express menu. We recommend using quick refund method for transactions with a surcharge added as Refund from Transaction history does not include Surcharge amount.