Last updated: 1 March 2022
To process a cash out transaction:
- Enter the cash out amount
- Tap ‘Other’
- Tap ‘Cash Out Only’
- Cash out amount is displayed on screen. Your customer presents their card and enters their PIN.
- The graphic on screen shows customers how to present their card:
- T650p – Customer inserts their chip card into the slot at the bottom of the terminal, or swipes the magstripe on their card through the magstripe reader on the side of the terminal.
- Carbon Mobile 5 – Customer inserts their chip card into the slot at the top of the terminal chip end first with the chip facing up, or swipes the magstripe on their card through the magstripe reader at the bottom of the terminal with the stripe facing down.
NOTE: Contactless tap is not available for cash out transactions.
- Your terminal processes the transaction and then displays ‘Approved’ or ‘Declined’
- If a card is inserted, the terminal prompts to remove the card from the chip card slot
- Customer selects preferred receipt option
- Cash out summary screen is displayed. Tap ‘DONE’ to continue back to the payment screen.
- Present approved cash out amount to the customer