If the touch screen on your EFTPOS terminal isn’t registering your touch inputs you can try the following steps to fix it:
Reboot the terminal
- If your VX 520C terminal is on a swivel base:
- Hold the base firmly and pull the terminal towards you
- This unlocks the terminal from the base and allows you to lift it out
- Remove the back cover if necessary
- Unplug the power cord, wait five seconds, and plug it back in
- You will need to unplug the VX 820 pinpad cable before removing the power cord
- Press the small clip on the plastic head of the pinpad cable before unplugging
Clean the screen
Wipe the screen of the VX 820 customer pinpad with a clean, dry cloth.
Recalibrate the screen
Note: Only the VX 820 pinpad has a touch screen so you only need to do these steps on the customer pinpad.
- Press the green Enter key and number 7 at the same time
- Type in the password 166831 and press Enter
- Select option 7 – Calibrate Screen
- Touch the cross-hair points that appear
- Select option 1 – Restart
Your EFTPOS terminal will now reboot.
Still not working?
Please contact our 24/7 Technical Support team to arrange either a visit from one of our Field Service Representatives or to organise a replacement terminal.